Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long Short Week

What a week it has been. Everyone in my house is sick but me. Amidala has another double ear infection and may have had a stomach bug on top of it this past weekend. Now Anakin has the stomach bug. I hope I'm not next. Amidala finally seems to be getting over this most recent ear infection. The poor little kid, it's her fourth double ear infection in two months. So we have to go back to the doctor in three weeks here to see if her ears are draining or if she needs something to help her. They had originally talked about some nasal spray that they found to be doing wonders. I don't know about any of you but I think trying to get a 15 month old to do that will be not so successful and I will probably get to do it once and that is it. The next step would be tubes in her ears. They had talked to us about this in January but at the follow up her ears seemed fine so they didn't proceed with them. Also this go around the antibiotics didn't agree with Amidala so after a weekend of horrific diapers we took her back and they wanted to just start back up on it. I insisted they give her something else, so we got a Z-Pac and it seems to be good. Tomorrow is our last day on it so I guess we shall see.
So with everyone being sick, I have been a cleaning machine, trying to keep the house as clean as possible.
On a brighter note from this weekend, Amidala used the potty 3 times. She's getting so big. She went into the bathroom and took her pants off and said potty so I put her on and she did go a little. Since she has been wanting to use the potty we got some training pants. Not sure how successful they will be, but we figured it was worth a try. One of the only things I don't like is they are Dora. I know most people think its a great bilingual show, but personally I find it annoying. I think it's silly of pampers to put the character on the pants. Amidala doesn't even watch TV so she has no idea who this character on her pants is. She says pretty when we put them on but I'm assuming that because they are pink. She also says this about the overnight diapers and points to the purple top on them. So this weekend we will use her potty pants and see how it goes. She also tried at school but just sat there.
I've also been able to use the camera more which I am happy about. I mean we have them so why not learn to use them. That way there will be some picture of Anakin and Amidala for once and they won't be from my iPhone. I also got to take some pictures of Anakin in his new suit and give him the edgy treatment. Check out blog.everythingthelighttouches.com to see them.
Lastly a small 101 update:

#59: I sent out 5 cards today to friends. So keep your eyes open to see if you get one in the mail. They are nothing big but something to make them smile. Who doesn't like to get non bill mail. I know I do.

Hope Everyone has a great weekend and sickness leaves our house.
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment