Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Big Move

So from the short post earlier this week, you probably have figured out we are now living in NC. We drove down over the course of 2 days, 20 hours in the car with Amidala in our car and the cats in my inlaws. It was a long drive that was rerouted due to Hurricane Irene. All in all the drive was not too bad, we saw some beautiful scenery in New York State and Central Pennsylvania. The mountains out there are beautiful and so peaceful.
On day two we began our treck from central PA, through West Virginia and Virginia for most of the day. We even went through South Boston, VA. And the last leg of the trip was North Carolina, which was about an hour and our first run in with rain.
The family and I are happy down here and doing well. Anakin started a new job two weeks ago and I am still on the hunt but have a promising lead from Fidelity. Since I am not working I have the pleasure of spending my days with Amidala. She is quite the artist and we are accumulating quite the surplus of art at age 2. Hopefully everything works out and I get a job soon.
Speaking of Amidala, she will be two in 5 weeks!!! Where does the time go. It seems she was just turning 1!!
That's it for now. If you would like an Amidala original please let me know, I hate to get rid of it.
-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I would love an Amidala original! I have done that drive too, only we did it in 13 hours! Enjoy NC, with Justin being down there we will have to get together when I visit down there. See you @ Mell & Tom's wedding!

    ReplyDelete